Monday, August 30, 2010

29 August

[Alison] Here’s the thing… when you need something, I mean, really need something, a thrift store is just the place to find it. Take a garlic press. I was certain that I had packed our garlic press into the kitchen box for our car trip, but when it came time to anoint the steaks with garlic before barbequing them a few nights ago, the garlic press was not to be found. I had to chop it finely and it all fell off in the grilling process. Today when we rolled into Dawson Creek, BC, I asked at the Visitors’ Center about any thrift shops in town, and was told there was a Salvation Army shop a couple of blocks away. After taking photos of Dean at “mile zero” of the Alaska Highway, we wandered into the SA and found not one but TWO garlic presses from which to choose. Fifty cents later we left, fully content. That, my friends, is the wonder of second-hand shopping! XOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. You have a true gift. I'm looking forward to shopping when you get to India. My goal is to scope out the bazaars around town and take you to the most worth while ones.

    ReplyDelete